Accessibility Statement for Embodied Latinx Leadership Academy
Embodied Latinx Leadership Academy is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Embodied Latinx Leadership Academy takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of www.embodiedlatinxleadershipacademy.org:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. www.embodiedlatinxleadershipacademy.org is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some of the parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of www.embodiedlatinxleadershipacademy.org. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on www.embodiedlatinxleadershipacademy.org:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: 340 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT 06515
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Accessibility of www.embodiedlatinxleadershipacademy.org relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of embodiedlatinxleadershipacademy.org, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for embodiedlatinxleadershipacademy.org:
- Form elements and labels are not syncing up: This shows up as orphaned form labels and form controls missing labels.
- Duplicate active IDS for a few of the forms.
- Alt-Text for Instagram are not showing up.
- The links for Facebook and Instagram logos and the Instagram feed photos do not have discernable text.
- Focus is not always visible for keyboard navigation, such as for Nav menu and testimonial carousel.
- Duplicate contentinfo landmark – footer and copyright info.
- Instagram “Connect” link incorrectly labeled with a button role.
- Missing autocomplete attributes for input text fields.
- Testimonial carousel is missing a button for stopping and restarting rotation.
- “Find out more” link on Home page is incorrectly assigned the role of “button.”
- Keyboard focus not visible for form inputs and submit buttons.
Embodied Latinx Leadership Academy assessed the accessibility of www.embodiedlatinxleadershipacademy.org by the following approaches:
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Embodied Latinx Leadership Academy
Director of Communication
This statement was created on 4 May 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool. Last updated 15 August 2020.